For the 2012-2013 AHCA Elections
In an effort to maintain equal opportunity and fairness for all candidates running for the 2012-2013 AHCA Board of Governors, the following guidance has been developed for the distribution of campaign materials.
- All candidates running for the 2012-2013 AHCA Board of Governors will receive a copy of contact information for the AHCA Council of States (COS) electorate and the State Executives to help facilitate any mailing candidates may wish to send prior to annual meeting in October 2012.
- AHCA Credentialing Committee will distribute a “Candidates Profile Book” containing the individual profile section of each candidate’s application as well as his or her responses to the voluntary electronic Candidate’s Forum questionnaire. The Profile Book will be distributed via email to the Council of States and the State Executives in early September 2012.
- An in-person Candidates Forum will be held at the AHCA Annual Meeting prior to the scheduled Elections in October 2012. The exact day, time and location of the Candidates Forum will be announced closer to the October meeting.
- All campaign materials that candidates running for the 2012-2013 Board of Governors would like to distribute at the AHCA Candidates Forum and Elections must be done no later than 30 minutes prior to the Candidates Forum and Elections.
- To insure the safety of candidate campaign materials, all materials being distributed at convention must be sent by the candidates to themselves at their hotel in Tampa Bay, FL. ) AHCA encourages candidates to schedule arrival of their materials by Sunday, October 7, 2012.
- All candidates or their representatives are responsible for the distribution of materials at the AHCA Candidates Forum and Elections.
- AHCA reserves the right to refuse distribution of any inappropriate items.