The AHCA/NCAL 2013 Independent Owner Leadership Conference is for independent owners (IOs) and not for profit operators of ten or fewer long term care facilities. As long term care professionals, you understand the trends, issues, and challenges facing our profession. Now is your chance to share that knowledge. From success stories to professional insights, you can use this national forum to share programs and ideas that enhance the long term care provider model.
As long term care professionals, you understand the trends, issues, and challenges facing our profession. Now is your chance to share that knowledge. From success stories to professional insights, you can use this national forum to share programs and ideas that enhance the long term care provider model.
We invite you to submit a conference proposal for consideration by our professional development team. Proposals should be geared toward individuals who own and/or operate ten or fewer for profit or not for profit long term care facilities.
Areas of interest for proposals are:
- Long Term Care Financing
- Facility Operations
- Not for Profit Issues
- AHCA Quality Initiative
- Reducing Hospital Readmissions
- Reducing Off-Label Use of Antipsychotics
- Increasing Customer Satisfaction
- Improving Staff Stability
Audience Characteristics: The attendees at this conference are individuals who own and/or operate ten or fewer for profit or not for profit long term care facilities. The audience is experienced and knowledgeable and expects the most current information and highest quality training available.
Proposals must meet the following requirements. Failure to meet these requirements will result in disqualification. Presenters not meeting the requirements below will not be notified in order to resubmit. Please review your submission carefully before sending.
- Proposals must be submitted electronically. The application may be downloaded here.
- A maximum of three proposals may be submitted from a single individual or organization. A fully completed application must accompany each proposal.
- Each topic may have no more than two people presenting.
- Do not include additional materials such as brochures or articles. NO PowerPoint presentations should be submitted as a proposal. These will not be reviewed.
- Submissions must be on the original application form.
- Proposals must be free of any promotional or commercial content.
- Presentations must not specifically name vendors, unless they are sponsoring the event.
- All proposals must be received by August 6, 2012. We will not accept proposals sent by fax.
- Questions about proposals geared toward for profit independent owners should be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com.
- Questions about proposals geared toward not-for-profit topics should be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications must be sent to email@example.com.
Each proposal must include the following:
- Completed Application
- Seminar Description
- Biographical Information – one to two short paragraphs
- Two Reference - including the individual’s name, title, organization, and e-mail address
SELECTION & NOTIFICATION
A team of long term care experts review all seminar proposals. Proposals are reviewed for:
- Focus on individuals who own and/or operate ten or fewer long term care facilities;
- Unique and timely value of content;
- Overall quality, originality, and timeliness;
- Use of instructional methods and organization; and
- Practical, results-oriented applications.
Individuals submitting proposals will be notified in writing on September 10, 2012 regarding results of the selection process. Prior to that date, AHCA/NCAL cannot accept phone calls or e-mails inquiring about the status of particular proposals. Potential speakers should tentatively reserve all of the conference dates to ensure availability.
AHCA/NCAL has earned a reputation for providing high quality educational programs. We select speakers who share their expertise for the overall benefit of the long term care profession. Therefore, AHCA/NCAL does not pay per diem, honoraria, or expenses. Speakers will receive on free conference registration.
Download Call For Presentation Application