The compliance committee shall (a) consist of [named positions]; (b) be comprised of [PROVIDER’s] quality assurance committee; or (c) be appointed by [Owner, board of Directors, Administrator, or others].
The compliance committee shall assist the compliance officer in the performance of his or her duties, as described in this compliance manual. In addition to other responsibilities requested or assigned by the compliance officer, the compliance committee shall:
- Assist the compliance officer in analyzing risk areas that should be addressed in [PROVIDER’s] compliance program, including legal risks, operation issues, and quality of care issue;
- Assist in accessing [PROVIDER’s] policies and procedures, including [PROVIDER’s] compliance manual and program;
- Work with [PROVIDER’s] compliance officer and staff to develop standards of conduct;
- Assist the compliance officer in monitoring internal controls for carrying out [PROVIDER’s] policies and procedures; and
- Assist the compliance officer in employee education.