(according to NCAL Bylaws as of October 2008)
Duties of the NCAL Officers
A. The Chair shall:
- Preside at Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings;
- Appoint Committee Chairs and members of ad hoc committees, boards or task forces;
- Appoint liaisons to AHCA committees as deemed necessary and appropriate by the NCAL Chair and AHCA Chair;
- Report at least annually to the NCAL Board of Directors and the AHCA Council of States about NCAL’s activities;
- Be an ex-officio member of all NCAL Committees and serve as Chair of the NCAL Board of Directors;
- Serve as the NCAL representative to the AHCA Board of Governors; and,
- Serve on other AHCA governing bodies as directed by AHCA’s Constitution and Bylaws or as requested by AHCA’s Chair.
B. The Vice Chair shall:
- Perform the duties of the office of the Chair whenever the Chair is unable to do so; and
- Serve as Chair during the remainder of the term should the office of Chair become vacant for any reason.
C. The Immediate Past Chair shall:
- Be available to assist other officers as called upon;
- Coordinate the annual election of officers and Board Directors; and,
- Serve in such capacity as the Chair and NCAL Board of Directors request.
D. The Secretary/Treasurer shall:
- Keep a record of all proceedings of NCAL;
- Maintain a current roster of all members of NCAL’s Board of Directors; and,
- Notify all members in writing of the Annual Meeting and other duly called meetings.
- Develop the recommended annual budget, including dues assessments and expenditures for NCAL, for inclusion in the AHCA/NCAL budgetary process;
- Report to the NCAL Board of Directors on the status of NCAL’s income and expenditures; and,
- Serve as NCAL’s representative on AHCA’s Budget Subcommittee or similar body.
Duties of the At-Large Members:
- The Board of Directors shall, in concert with the Chair, conduct the business of NCAL.
- The Board of Directors shall meet at least annually and at other such times as called by the Chair.
- The Board of Directors shall be responsible for approving an annual NCAL budget of revenues
and expenditures. The annual NCAL budget will be submitted for inclusion in the annual AHCA/NCAL budgetary process.
- The Board of Directors shall develop policy for NCAL. Should differences arise between NCAL’s position and AHCA’s position on a particular issue, those differences will be negotiated between AHCA’s Executive Committee and NCAL’s Executive Committee.