For Immediate Release
: September, 21 2011Contact
: Lisa Gelhaus, 202-898-2825, firstname.lastname@example.org
National Assisted Living Organization Elects Board
– The National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL) is proud to announce the newly elected Board of Directors for 2011-2012 term. Officers were elected and sworn-in during the 62nd Annual AHCA/NCAL Convention & Exposition held in Las Vegas, Nev., Sept. 18 through Sept. 21, 2011. The new elected executive officers are:
- NCAL Chair, Michael Shepard, owner of The Shepard Group, Mena, Ark.;
- NCAL Vice Chair, Patricia Giorgio, president/chief executive officer (CEO), Evergreen Estates, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and
- NCAL Secretary/Treasurer, Christian Mason, president/CEO of Senior Housing Management, Lake Oswego, Ore;
NCAL’s Immediate Past Chair, Nicolette Merino, regional director of operations, Avamere Health Systems, Wilsonville, Ore. will serve on NCAL’s Executive Committee with NCAL’s executive officers. “NCAL is fortunate to have a Board of Directors committed to promoting high quality, principled driven care and services through the development of innovative programming and advocacy that advances person- centered care,” said David Kyllo, NCAL’s executive director.
The new at-large board members are:
- Ashley Blankenship, administrator of Southridge Village Retirement Center, Conway, Ark.;
- Marcia Hamilton-Dooner, CEO of Parkinson’s Specialty Care, Minneapolis, Minn.;
- Deborah Lowe-Meade Health Management, Warner Robins, Ga.;
- Laurie Shepard, Ingham Regional Assisted Living, Michigan
- Dee Thieme, Harmony Living Centers, Menomonee Falls, Wis.; and
- Brett Waters, New Beginnings Community Living Home, Idaho Falls, Idaho; and
- Roderick (Rod) Wolfe, Richland Place Senior Living, Portland, Tenn.
These newly elected individuals join board members, whose terms will expire in October 2012: Deb Choma, nurse administrator, Shard Villa, Salisbury, Vt.; Vickie Cox, executive administrator, Heritage at Milford, Genesis Health Care, Milford, Del.; Helen Crunk, nurse administrator, Marble Rose Estates, Papillion, Neb.; Jeffrey Hyatt, owner of Hyatt Family Facilities, Yakima, Wash.; Jan Thayer, owner and CEO of Riverside Lodge Retirement Community, Grand Island, Neb.; and Kristin West, vice president of operations, Kemper House, Strongsville, Ohio.