– The National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL) is proud to announce the newly elected Board of Directors for 2012-2013 term. Officers were elected and sworn-in during the 63rd Annual AHCA/NCAL Convention & Exposition held in Tampa, Fla. The newly elected executive officers are:
- NCAL Chair, Michael Shepard, owner of The Shepard Group, Mena, Ark.;
- NCAL Vice Chair, Patricia Giorgio, president/chief executive officer (CEO), Evergreen Estates, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and
- NCAL Secretary/Treasurer, Christian Mason, president/CEO of Senior Housing Management, Lake Oswego, Ore;
NCAL’s Immediate Past Chair, Nicolette Merino, regional director of operations, Avamere Health Systems, Wilsonville, Ore. will serve on NCAL’s Executive Committee with NCAL’s executive officers.
“NCAL is fortunate to have a Board of Directors committed to promoting high quality, person-centered care and services through the development of cutting edge programming, and NCAL’s Quality Initiative,” said David Kyllo, NCAL’s executive director.
The new at-large board members are:
- Helen Crunk, RN, administrator, Marble Rose Estates, Papillion, Neb.,
- Gerald Hamilton, owner, Bee Hive Homes of Albuquerque, N.M.,
- Steven Heaney, vice president of operations and real estate, Brandywine Senior Living, Mt. Laurel, N.J.
- Jeanne Jaeckels, director of new development, Tealwood Care Centers, Bloomington, Minn.
- Joseph Perkin, vice president of operations, Midwest Health Management, Topeka, Kan.
- Gary Troth, executive director, Northern Hills Retirement Community, Sioux City, Iowa, and
- Kristin West, vice president of operations, Kemper House, Strongsville, Ohio.
These newly elected individuals join board members, whose terms will expire in October 2013. Those board members include: Ashley Blankenship, Southridge Village Retirement Center, Conway, Ark.; Marcia Hamilton-Dooner, Parkinson’s Specialty Care, Minneapolis, Minn.; Deborah Lowe-Meade Health Management, Warner Robins, Ga.; Laurie Shepard, Ingham Regional Assisted Living, Lansing, Mich.; Dee Thieme, Harmony Living Centers, Menomonee Falls, Wis.; Brett Waters, New Beginnings Community Living Home, Idaho Falls, Idaho; and Roderick (Rod) Wolfe, Richland Place Senior Living, Portland, Tenn.