Washington, D.C. –The National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL) is proud to announce its newly elected Board of Directors for 2010-2011 term. Officers were elected and sworn-in during the 61st
Annual AHCA/NCAL Convention & Exposition held in Long Beach, Calif., Oct. 10 through Oct. 13, 2010. The elected officers are:
- NCAL Chair, Nicolette Merino, regional director of operations, Avamere Health Systems, Wilsonville, Ore.;
- NCAL Vice Chair, Michael Shepard, owner of The Shepard Group, Pine Bluff, Ark.;
- NCAL Secretary/Treasurer, Patricia Giorgio, president/chief executive officer (CEO), Evergreen Estates, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and
- NCAL Immediate Past Chair, Howie Groff, president of Tealwood Care Centers, Bloomington, Minn.
“NCAL is fortunate to have a Board of Directors dedicated to promoting high quality, principled driven care and services through innovative programs and advocacy that advance person- centered care,” said David Kyllo, NCAL’s executive director.
The newly elected at-large board members are:
- Deb Choma, nurse administrator, Shard Villa, Salisbury, Vt.;
- Vickie Cox, executive administrator, Heritage at Milford, Genesis Health Care, Milford, Del.;
- Helen Crunk, nurse administrator, Victoria Gardens, Bellevue, Neb.;
- Jeffrey Hyatt, owner of Hyatt Family Facilities, Yakima, Wash.;
- Christian Mason, president/CEO of Senior Housing Investments, Wilsonville, Ore;
- Jan Thayer, owner and CEO of Riverside Lodge Retirement Community, Grand Island, Neb.; and
- Kristin West, vice president of operations, Kemper House, Strongsville, Ohio.
These newly elected individuals join board members, whose terms will expire in October 2011. Those board members include: Jim Birchem, president and CEO of ElderCare of Minnesota, Bemidji, Minn.; Ashley Blankenship, administrator of Southridge Village Retirement Center, Heber Springs, Ark.; Marcia Dooner, CEO of Parkinson’s Specialty Care, Minneapolis, Minn.; Edie Gerelli, vice president of operations for Chelsea Senior Living, Summit, N.J.; Joe Perkin, vice president of operations for Midwest Health Management, Topeka, Kan.; Dean Solden, president of Solden Development Company, Ann Arbor, Mich.; and Brett Waters, New Beginnings Community Living Home, Idaho Falls, Idaho.