ElderWood Health Care at Lakewood – 2008 Gold Recipient
Location: Hamburg, New York
Parent Company: ElderWood Senior Care
Ownership: Independently Owned
Workforce: 278 Staff Members
Services: Skilled Nursing & Sub-Acute Care and Rehabilitation
Residents: 166 Skilled Nursing
Contact: Deborah Urbank, Administrator, 716.648.2820
Mission Statement: Care without Compromise®.
- Nearly half of Lakewood’s 278 dedicated staff members have been working at Lakewood for more than 5 years.
- With strategic investments in advanced equipment and treatments, such as Doppler Ultrasound Exams and EKGs, Lakewood performs high level testing, increasing resident comfort and reducing unnecessary hospital stays.
- Since 2003, Lakewood had been recognized several times for their innovative practices and unique programs; Pay It Forward, a staff recognition program that honors 50 to 60 staff members a month; ElderBridge, a customer service program that helps address and resolve resident concerns; and Seasons(SM) Memory Care, a program specially designed for residents with dementia, contribute to the high level of quality care provided by this award winning facility.
- Since earning the AHCA Step I Quality Award in 2004, Lakewood has achieved two important milestones. In 2005, the facility was the first in New York State to achieve Step II. This year, it is the first to reach Step III.
- Validation of Lakewood’s dedication to continuous quality improvement are their resident/family overall satisfaction and recommendation to others scores. In fact, in their most recent survey, 95% of residents and families report overall satisfaction and would recommend Lakewood to others*.
*My InnerView Family/Resident Satisfaction Surveys – November, 2008.