Villa St. Vincent/The SUMMIT/Good Shepherd Hall – 2008 Gold Recipient
Location: Crookston, Minnesota
Parent Company: Benedictine Health System
Ownership: Independently Owned/Sponsored by BHS and The Sisters of St. Benedict, Crookston.
Workforce: 170 Staff Members
Services: Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living, Rehabilitative Therapy/Restorative Care, Short Term stay
Residents: 76 Independent and Assisted Living; 104 Skilled Nursing
Contact: Jill Brown, Quality Management, Coordinator, 218.281.3424
Mission Statement: The Benedictine Health System, a Catholic health care organization entrusted with furthering the health care mission of the Benedictine Sisters of Duluth, Minnesota, provides a spectrum of services with special concern for the poor and powerless. The System is committed to witness to God’s love for all people by providing high-quality services in a compassionate environment that enhances human worth.
- Villa St. Vincent, The SUMMIT and Good Shepherd Hall, a Benedictine Living Community, are located in the picturesque farming community of Crookston in Northwest Minnesota. The organization is committed to providing care in a faith based atmosphere focused on service excellence in long term care, assisted living, rehabilitative therapy, restorative care and short term stay
- The core values of this organization, Hospitality, Stewardship, Justice and Respect are lived daily by a devoted staff of 170 and led by a management team averaging 17 years longevity.
- Villa St. Vincent has 104 beds including a Memory Care Unit dedicated to dementia and Alzheimer’s care in a resident centered, home-like environment.
- The Summit and Good Shepherd Hall together offer 76 assisted living beds and are complimented by their tranquil settings, customized amenities and competent staff.
- Seeking and responding to the voice of residents, families, staffs and medical providers is one key to success. This information is used during annual strategic planning and work process improvements.