|Madonna Living Community – 2009 Gold Recipient
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Parent Company: Benedictine Health System
Ownership: Benedictine Health System
Workforce: 270+ Staff Members
Services: Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Independent Living, and in-house Home Health
Residents: 62 Skilled, 87 Assisted, 16 Memory Care & 87 Independent Living
Contact: Mark Cairns, Administratorm, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 507-288-3911
Mission Statement: Madonna Living Community, a member of the Benedictine Health System, is a Catholic organization entrusted with advancing the health care ministry of the Benedictine Sisters of Duluth, Minnesota. Our mission is to witness to God’s love by providing compassionate, quality care with special concern for the underserved and those in need.
- MLC’s competitive advantages include its continuum of services provided in a faith-based setting where health, independence and choice come to life.
- As a member of the Benedictine Health System (BHS), MLC has access to expertise, resources and services to enhance the quality of its service and care delivery. MLC boasts an electronic health record and a point of care computer touch screen charting system to enhance documentation for care and reimbursement.
- MLC partners with Winona State University and other community entities to offer in-house training programs and career development opportunities to staff.
- Family/resident satisfaction survey results are consistently above targets and national averages. A recent family/resident survey indicated that 60% chose MLC’s services based on reputation; 53% were referred by a friend or relative, and another 13% by their doctor or health professional. The overall employee satisfaction ranking and employee commitment ranking is 4.26 and 4.24 respectively on a 5-point scale, exceeding BHS targets.
- MLC has increased its certified nursing assistant retention by 13 % over two years after conducting a LEAN process that resulted in changes in hiring procedures, facility orientation, orientation to the floor and performance evaluations.