|ElderWood Health Care at Wedgewood – 2009 Gold Recipient
Location: Amherst, New York
Parent Company: ElderWood Senior Care
Ownership: ElderWood Senior Care
Workforce: 160+ Staff Members
Services: Skilled Nursing, Memory Care and Rehabilitation
Residents: 57 Skilled Nursing/Rehabilitation, 35 Memory Care
Contact: Anna Bojarczuk-Foy, Administrator, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 716-835-2543
Mission Statement: Care without Compromise®.
- Wedgewood is warm and home-like, with cozy gathering areas, comfortable furnishings and a secluded courtyard and beautifully landscaped grounds. Works produced by the Resident Artist Program enhance the décor.
- The secure memory care unit cares for residents at various stages of dementia and encourages them to be engaged in a variety of activities and programs. The result is an active, interesting life where residents feel productive and valued.
- Wedgewood boasts a recently renovated rehab unit, highly trained and dedicated therapists, “red carpet” treatment that includes private rooms and bathing accommodations and a well-appointed dining area promoting camaraderie and socialization. In 2009, 98% of rehab patients indicated they would recommend Wedgewood to others (My InnerView Discharge Surveys, full year 2009).
- Wedgewood’s investment in human resources, especially training, contributes not only to quality care, but also to staff satisfaction and retention. Instruction takes place through facility-based sessions, a preceptor program and one-on-one peer training.
- The New York State Department of Health has found Wedgewood deficiency-free for four consecutive years. Wedgewood has also been honored for providing clean indoor air while conserving energy and reducing waste, and has been accepted into OSHA’s SHARP program through 2010.