AHCA NCAL Elects New Board of Governors, Directors at Annual Convention in Washington, DC
Newly elected boards pledge to improve lives by delivering solutions for long term and post-acute care
Washington, DC – Today, the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL) elected AHCA’s Board of Governors and NCAL’s Board of Directors for the 2014-2015 term. Tom Coble of Oklahoma was elected as AHCA Vice-Chair and new to the board are At-Large Representatives Phil Fogg, Jr. of Oregon and Greg Elliot of West Virginia. NCAL elected two new At-Large Representatives: David Chensvold of Iowa and Lee Field of Washington.
“AHCA is honored to work with this distinguished panel of leaders,” said Mark Parkinson, AHCA/NCAL President and CEO. “Their dedication, diversity and knowledge will be invaluable as we continue to address our unique challenges and find concrete solutions that will benefit long term and post-acute care.”
Both boards selected returning chairs for the coming year, including Leonard Russ of New York for the AHCA Board and Patricia Giorgio of Iowa for the NCAL Board.
The remaining members of AHCA’s board include:
• Michael Wylie of Pennsylvania, Secretary/Treasurer;
• Neil Pruitt, Jr. of Georgia, Immediate Past Chair;
• Steve Chies of Minnesota, Not-For-Profit Representative;
• Robin Hillier of Ohio, Independent Owner Representative;
• Tim Lukenda of Wisconsin, Multifacility Representative;
• Glenn Van Ekeren of Nebraska, Regional Multifacility Representative;
• Paul Liistro of Connecticut, At-Large Representative;
• Debbie Meade of Georgia, At-Large Representative; and
• David Norsworthy of Arkansas, At-Large Representative.
The three ex-officio members on the AHCA Board of Governors include:
• Dick Herrick, Affiliated State Health Care Association Executives (ASHCAE) Representative;
• Shawn Scott, Associate Business Member (ABM) Representative; and
• Patricia Giorgio, NCAL Representative.
The remaining members of NCAL’s Board of Directors include:
• Chris Mason of Oregon, Vice-Chair
• Ashley Blankenship of Arkansas, Secretary-Treasurer
• Mike Shepard of Arkansas, Immediate Past Chair
• Helen Crunk of Nebraska
• Denise German of Kansas
• Gerald Hamilton of New Mexico
• Marcia Hamilton-Cotter of Minnesota
• Steven Heaney of New Jersey
• Michele DeClemente-Hughes of New Jersey
• Jeanne Jaeckels of Minnesota
• Dee Jansen of Wisconsin
• Carmy Jerome of Colorado
• Mark Maxfield of Idaho
• Laurie Shepard of Michigan
• Rod Wolfe of Tennessee
• Tom Coble of Oklahoma, AHCA Vice-Chair
• Dirk Anjewierden of Utah, ASHCAE Vice President
• Heath Boddy of Nebraska, ASHCAE Representative
• Cindy Luxem of Kansas, ASHCAE Representative
• Angie Szumlinski of Michigan, ABM Representative
The ex-officio member on the NCAL Board of Directors is Leonard Russ, AHCA Chair.
“NCAL’s Board of Directors is a dedicated, driven and exceptional group, and it is a privilege to work with them,” said David Kyllo, NCAL Executive Director. “Through their vision and leadership, we will continue to advance the assisted living profession and person-centered care throughout the country.”
Members of the AHCA Board of Governors are elected by the Association’s governing body, the Council of States. The NCAL Board of Directors is elected by current members of the NCAL Board and by NCAL State Leaders or the NCAL State Leader’s proxy. Both are elected annually at the Association’s Convention.
The American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL) represent more than 13,000 non-profit and proprietary skilled nursing centers, assisted living communities, sub-acute centers and homes for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. By delivering solutions for quality care, AHCA/NCAL aims to improve the lives of the millions of frail, elderly and individuals with disabilities who receive long term or post-acute care in our member facilities each day. For more information, please visit www.ahca.org or www.ncal.org.