For Immediate Release
: September 21, 2011Contact
: Claire Navaro, (202) 898-6317
AHCA Elects New Board of Governors at Annual Convention- Newly elected Board pledges to “Live the Promise” of quality care - Las Vegas, NV
– The American Health Care Association (AHCA), the nation’s largest long term care association, today announced the results of its Board of Governors’ elections. Neil Pruitt, Jr. from Georgia was elected Chair of AHCA, and Leonard Russ from New York was elected to the Vice Chair position. Lane Bowen of Kentucky was elected Secretary/Treasurer.
“I want to congratulate Neil, Len, and all of the members of AHCA’s Board of Governors. AHCA is honored to have such a distinguished set of leaders,” said Mark Parkinson, President and CEO of AHCA. “These individuals will undoubtedly guide this profession with strength and success and continue our constant efforts to improve access to quality care for millions of elderly and disabled Americans nationwide.”
AHCA’s Board of Governors is comprised of leading long term care providers who are elected by the membership at the association’s national convention. The four at-large board members elected are: Tom Coble from Oklahoma, Frank Romano from Massachusetts, Ted LeNeave from Virginia, and Orlando Bisbano from Rhode Island. Gary Kelso from Utah will serve as the Not-for-Profit Representative.
Newly elected Chair Neil Pruitt, Jr. vowed to continue AHCA’s mission of protecting access to high quality long term and post-acute care for the millions of Americans who require it.
“Together as a united and unified profession, we will work with our elected officials to develop common sense solutions to keep our promise to some of our greatest Americans,” Pruitt said in his acceptance remarks. “It is not only an honor to serve as Chair of this great organization but also a privilege to represent the thousands of long term care professionals who make this promise—our promise of high quality care—a reality. We have to be known as 'America's caregivers,' and when we do that, we'll be successful.”
In addition to those elected this year, the following members will continue to serve on the board:
- Immediate Past Chair Robert Van Dyk from New Jersey;
- At-Large Representative Phil Fogg, Jr. from Oregon;
- At-Large Representative William Council from Tennessee;
- At-Large Representative Robin Hillier from Ohio; and
- At-Large Representative Rich Kase from Florida.
AHCA is also pleased to welcome three ex-officio board representatives, including:
- National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL) Chair Mike Shepard from Arkansas;
- Affiliated State Health Care Association Executives (ASHCAE) Representative Steve Ackerson from Iowa; and
- Associate Business Member (ABM) Representative Shawn Scott of Medline Industries, Inc.