Tuesday, March 13, 2018
8:00am - 10:00am - Acadia Ballroom
Provider magazine will curate a series of thought-provoking talks. Known as LED -- Lead, Engage, Discover -- they are aimed at bringing you topics and ideas that are evocative, inspirational, and sometimes unsettling.
LED Talk Presenters:
- Helping the Homeless – Matthew Lysobey, Chief Community Integration Officer, Rockport Healthcare Services. Stories of residents taking a frontline role in preparing meals and serving them to homeless individuals.
- Caring for Navajo Elders – Barbara Brown, Owner and Administrator, Winslow Campus of Care. This center goes above and beyond to make accommodations into everyday operations, letting both staff and residents know their Navajo customs and beliefs are alive and well, and respected.
- Multigenerational Care/Preschool – Michelle Belhumeur, Executive Director of Gorham House shares heartfelt stories that show the benefits of a multigenerational model of care for everyone
- A Healing Spirit – David R. Baumgartner, Vice President of Spirituality and Sacred Six. One provider shares inspiring stories of spirituality from residents and families and their center’s experience with providing spiritual services.
- Manage Differently – Greg Dowdy, LNHA, Chief Operating Officer, American HealthCare shares the secret to never having to fire anyone for any reason other than not treating people well? Listen to one provider’s story of how keeping the passion flowing has worked wonders for the past 6 years.