How to enroll your RNs:
Simple, fast, easy sign-up.
Your nurses can start learning immediately,
at their own pace, on their own schedule.
Go to www.GeroNursePrep.org
• for course tuition costs
• for all enrollment steps
• for sponsoring multiple RNs
Summary: How facility owners/administrators enroll RNs:
Owners/administrators sponsor RNs employed in their facility(ies) throughout the Geriatric Nurse Certification Prep Course and successful completion of the ANCC Certification Exam in Gerontological Nursing.
Sponsorship includes payment of:
• Geriatric Nurse Certification Prep Course.
Tuition costs at www.GeroNursePrep.org
• Gerontological Nurse Certification exam fee.
$395 per RN. The test is administered by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
The grant pilot program established conclusively that owner/administrator sponsorship was the linchpin in:
• providing the impetus to actually get facility nurses certified,
• thereby driving significant advances in geriatric care quality; better patient outcomes; fewer problematic care incidents; higher RN confidence, self-esteem and best-practices assuredness; higher job satisfaction and higher RN retention.
Specific sponsorship steps for facility owner/administrator:
1. select key RNs for the program at each care facility, focusing on those with demonstrated commitment to quality care and professional advancement.
2. enroll selected RNs online at www.GeroNursePrep.org
3. make online payment arrangements.
4. print a registration receipt with temporary ID/password for each RN enrollee.
5. give corresponding ID/password to each RN selected to enroll.
6. watch for an email prompt that it is time to pay the ANCC certification exam fee — this schedule varies with each RN’s progress/pace through the course.
7. stay in touch with each RN, encourage her/his progress, and plan together as a group for care quality improvements after they’ve completed the process.
Guidance on number of RNs to enroll
We strongly advise that the number of RNs you enroll in this program be commensurate with the size of your organization, the number of facilities you have and the total number of RNs employed. RNs who are enrolled with a partner RN or a cohort of RNs from your facility will gain valuable peer support during their enrollment in the Geriatric Nurse Certification Prep Course. After passing the certification exam, the process of quality improvement proceeds faster and more smoothly if certified nurses work as a group to improve systems and practices.
Ready? Sign up your RNs now!