Is the tail wagging the dog?
Are you managing your center in order to meet regulatory compliance or is your center functioning in an environment of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)?
Building the foundation for a CQI environment
- Obtain a barometer reading of your center by completing a self assessment that highlights your center’s strengths and weaknesses
- Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Climate Survey Process and Tool. www.ahca.org
- Collins, Jim. (2001) Good to Great. Harper Collins, New York.
- Introduce the principles of CQI to your department managers and other stakeholders
- Dana, Bernie. (2008). Developing a Quality Management System: the Foundation for Performance Excellence in Long Term Care. American Health Care Association.
- Langley, Nolan, Nolan, Norman and Provost. The Improvement Guide - A Practical Approach to Enhancing Organizational Performance. (1996) Jossey-Bass, San Francisco.
- Begin your quality journey by applying for the Bronze level AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award
Congratulations on taking the first steps toward improving the quality of life and care of those entrusted to your care as well as improving the overall satisfaction of those who work at your center!