2018 Gold Quality Award Recipients AnnouncedLast week, the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL) announced that two skilled nursing care centers and two assisted living communities have earned the 2018 Gold – Excellence in Quality Award. The award is the final of three distinct levels possible through the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program, which recognizes organizations nationally that serve as models of excellence in providing high-quality care. The 2018 Gold – Excellence in Quality Award recipients are:• Comer Health and Rehabilitation; Comer, Georgia• Holly Heights Nursing Center; Denver, Colorado• Maine Veterans Home - Machias; Machias, Maine• Sunrise of Gurnee; Gurnee, IllinoisMaine Veterans Home – Machias and Sunrise of Gurnee are the first free-standing assisted living communities to ever attain the Gold – Excellence in Quality Award in the history of the program.Based on the core values and criteria of the nationally recognized Baldrige Performance Excellence Program, the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program challenges member providers to achieve performance excellence through three progressive levels—Bronze, Silver, and Gold. The Gold – Excellence in Quality Award is the most prestigious of the program. At this level, recipients have invested multiple years in mastering and applying the rigorous quality improvement standards of the Baldrige Criteria to achieve superior results in leadership, strategic planning, customer and workforce focus, and operations and knowledge management.Since the inception of the National Quality Award Program in 1996, only 34 long term and post-acute care providers—excluding this year’s recipients—have achieved this level of quality recognition.AHCA/NCAL announced the recipients of the Bronze – Commitment to Quality on May 31 and Silver – Achievement in Quality on June 28. A full list of recipients is available on the AHCA/NCAL Quality Award website here.The program is sponsored by the following AHCA/NCAL Associate Business Members: First Quality, NRC Health, and Team TSI Corporation. The awards will be presented to recipients during AHCA/NCAL’s 69th Annual Convention & Expo in San Diego, California, October 7-10, 2018.Quality Award Criteria Video Series Now Available!
Now that the 2019 National Quality Award Applications
have been released, be sure to watch the Criteria series for each award level—Bronze, Silver and Gold—available on ahcancalED
As a reminder, these series are updated to reflect changes in the Criteria each year, so even if you have viewed the series previously, you will want to view it again this year.The Bronze Series
The Silver Series
- The Bronze Series is a sequential set of videos that was developed to help applicants understand and meet the demands of each question of the Bronze criteria. Each video is less than 10 minutes!
The Gold Series
- The Silver Series is a 5-part video series that covers the Criteria questions asked in the Silver Award application; the Organizational Profile, the basic and select overall item requirements within the seven Baldrige categories.
Tips and Tricks:
- The Gold Series is a 5-part video series covering the Criteria questions asked in the Gold Award. The Criteria for this Award comes directly from the 2017-2018 Baldrige Excellence Framework in its entirety. You should purchase a copy of the Framework here before beginning the series.
- All three Criteria series can serve as a team building experience for your staff. We suggest that you form an application team that views the videos together and then complete the responses to the Criteria as a team effort. This will result in a better application, a greater understanding of the foundational elements of quality in your center, and enhanced excitement as your center engages in the program.
- The Criteria questions are interdependent, and responses often build on what has previously been written in other responses.
Want to learn more about the Criteria?
- State Affiliates often offer classroom-style Criteria workshops for the Bronze and Silver level. Consider reaching out to your state affiliate for more information.
- Attend this year’s Convention and participate in the Quality Award Sessions and Criteria Intensives offered throughout the event.
If you have questions on how to sign into ahcancalEd, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
for your credentials. If you have questions regarding the Quality Awards, please reach out to email@example.com.