In a competitive and ever-changing market, assisted living providers must identify ways to stay a step ahead and stand out to potential customers and referral sources. The AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program
provides the external validation necessary to set yourself apart from the competition. Historically, the Quality Award Program has been perceived as being only for skilled nursing centers. However, more assisted living communities than ever before are applying for and receiving the National Quality Award. In 2018, 114 assisted living centers received the Bronze award, 47 centers received the Silver award and two (the first AL communities) received the Gold award. On this webinar, we will break down the commonly cited barriers preventing assisted living communities from participating in the program and talk about the many free resources available to help assisted living providers succeed. We will also hear from the two 2018 Gold recipient assisted living organizations about their journey, including how they did it and how it benefited their organization. Join us to learn how the Quality Award program can help you succeed! Learning Objectives:
1. Participants will be able to describe the perceived barriers for assisted living participation in the program and how to overcome them.
2. Participants will be able to summarize the free resources available to help assisted living providers succeed in the program.
3. Participants will discover how participation in the program would benefit their organization. Speakers:
· Alana Wolfe, National Director of Performance Excellence, Sunrise Senior Living
· Nicolette Merino, Avamere Health Services
· Kimberly Dilg, Executive Director, Sunrise of Gurnee
· Marcia Jackson, RN Administrator, Maine Veterans Home – Machias Who Should View This Event:
Leadership (i.e. administrator, DON, etc.) at assisted living communities that are members of AHCA/NCAL.