All around the country, skilled nursing centers and assisted living communities are providing extraordinary care to millions of seniors and individuals with disabilities. However, improving the quality of care provided is an ongoing journey which never ceases.
Taking a cue from the 100,000 Lives campaign, AHCA/NCAL set forth ambitious goals with measurable targets to demonstrate the long term and post-acute care profession’s commitment to continuing its quality journey. As our nation’s leaders and the public demand a higher quality, lower cost health care system, the Quality Initiative plays an important role by:
- preparing providers for possible reimbursement changes based on quality outcomes;
- focusing on current national priorities and key indicators of quality care;
- encouraging efficiency with health care dollars;
- promoting consistent data measurement with continuing tracking;
- highlighting the importance of goal setting with sustainable improvement;
- and fostering person-centered care.
Providers: Learn why you should take the Initiative by downloading “The Business Case” for each goal: