Beginning Wednesday, March 20, 2013 American Health Care Association (AHCA) and National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL) members in good standing will have the opportunity to submit an application for the 2013-14 elections for the AHCA Board of Governors and the NCAL Board of Directors. AHCA will hold its election jointly with NCAL during the Council of States meetings at our annual convention in Phoenix, AZ. The slate of candidates, who have been certified by the Credentialing committee, will be submitted into nomination at the first session of the Council of States on Tuesday, October 8. Additional nominations from the floor will be accepted at that time. Candidates nominated from the floor must submit a completed application packet at the time of nomination. The election itself will occur on Wednesday, October 9 during the second session of the Council of States.
All electronically submitted applications will be due no later than June 14, 2013. The candidacy paperwork and process may be found below.
The following AHCA Board positions will be elected:
- AHCA Chair
- AHCA Vice Chair
- AHCA Secretary/Treasurer (one position)
- Regional Multifacility Representative
- Independent Owner Representative
- Two At-large Representatives
Incumbents are eligible to run for re-election for the Regional Multifacility Representative and Independent Owner Representative. There is one incumbent At-large Representative eligible to run for re-election.
The following NCAL Board positions will be elected:
- NCAL Chair
- NCAL Vice Chair
- NCAL Secretary/Treasurer (one position)
- Seven At-large Representatives
The incumbents in all seven at-large NCAL Board representative positions are eligible for re-election.
- For AHCA, please contact Christy Sharp at 202.898.2839
- For NCAL, please contact Dave Kyllo at 202.898.6312
AHCA Board of Governors and NCAL Board of Directors Candidate Application Materials for 2013 Elections
- 2013 Application and Questionnaire
- Disclosure and Authorization Form
- General Information and Requirements for All Candidates
- Guidelines for Completion of the AHCA/NCAL Board Application Process
- Candidate Request for Reconsideration
AHCA/NCAL Governance and Election Information
- AHCA/NCAL Philosophy of Association Leadership
- AHCA Duties of Officers and Members of the Board of Governors
- AHCA Council of States’ Rules Governing the Organization and Conduct of Business
- AHCA Council of States’ Rules Governing the Conduct of Nominations and Elections
- AHCA/NCAL Guidance for the Distribution of Campaign Materials for the 2012 Elections