Through the Volunteer of the Year, ID/DD Hero of the Year, and NFP Program of the Year awards programs, the American Health Care Association and the National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL) honor those individuals who are dedicated to improving the quality of lives of residents and their surrounding communities.
The nomination packets for AHCA/NCAL’s 2014 Awards Program follow: Volunteers of the Year; ID/DD Hero of the Year; and, Not for Profit Program of the Year. The deadline for AHCA receipt of all nominations is Thursday, May 15, 2014.
Just as a reminder, whereas the Volunteers of the Year nomination form MUST be submitted by a state affiliate organization, the ID/DD Hero of the Year and the NFP Program of the Year nomination forms can be member-submitted directly to AHCA.
All nominations must be typed and submitted electronically or by hard copy and mailed. Faxed nominations are not accepted. Honorees in each category will be recognized at AHCA/NCAL’s 65th Annual Convention and Expo, October 5 to 8, 2014, in Washington, D.C.
Let the Process begin!
AHCA/NCAL is proud of its 2013 Award Recipients:
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (ID/DD) Hero of the Year:
Helen Cherry, Medicalodges, Inc.; Coffeyville, KS
- Not for Profit Program of the Year: Edgemoor DPSNF; Santee, CA
- Volunteer of the Year (Adult): Lorraine Oakes, Kindred Healthcare; Elizabeth City, NC
- Volunteer of the Year (Group): Helensview High School, Porthaven Care Center; Portland, OR
- Volunteer of the Year (Young Adult): Josh Sosebee, Life Care Center of East Ridge; East Ridge, TN