AHCA/NCAL strives to provide important resources, guides, and information specifically geared for clinical staff in long term and post-acute care facilities. With so many facilities around the country working to improve, no facility is alone in its endeavors, regardless of if it is focused on improving facility safety, building a new specific condition ward, or reevaluating the nutrition plan for residents.
The various documents and important resources pertaining to Clinical Practices are divided into five distinct categories:
- Condition Prevention and Treatment resources focus on important patient care and quality of life enhancements, such as nutrition, infection control, pressure ulcer prevention, and more.
- Patient and Facility Safety focuses on accident and fall prevention, restraint reduction, and enterals and tube feedings.
- Quality of Life and Patient Care houses materials on culture change, end of life palliative care, MDS, Resident Assessment, and more.
- Regulatory Compliance and Nursing Practice provides guides on implementing best clinical practices.
- Specific Conditions offers resources on the unique needs, such as care for Alzheimer's disease, of some residents in skilled nursing and post-acute care facilities.