National Assisted Living Advocacy
In recent years, assisted living has received increased attention at the federal level. Congress, the Department of Labor, the General Accounting Office, the Federal Trade Commission, the Institute of Medicine and the Department of Health and Human Services have examined various aspects of assisted living operations.
NCAL and AHCA work together to offer strong federal representation and have the largest, most influential long term care federal relations team in Washington, D.C. Both NCAL and AHCA are recognized as leading and trusted sources of information and opinions by policymakers and regulators.
- Strong relationships on Capitol Hill and in the Administration
- $1.5 million PAC
- Participation with the Republican Governors Association and the Democratic Governors Association
- Participation with the Republican Attorneys General Association and the Democratic Attorneys General Association
- NCAL State Regulatory Review: The nation’s only annual publication profiling each state’s assisted living regulatory requirements.
- Active leadership role in the Center for Excellence in Assisted Living.
back to top
Access to Valuable Information Through NCAL’s Members Only Website
As an NCAL member, you have unlimited access to the members-only pages of ncal.org. Resources available to you include:
- Accreditation Information
- Assisted Living Studies
- Assisted Living Work Group Reports
- Labor, Workforce, & OSHA Resources
- Legislative Updates
- Life Safety & Disaster Preparedness Information
- Assisted Living Media Coverage Information
- Medicaid/Finance Information
- Medicare Part D Information
- National Assisted Living Week Resources
- NCAL’s Guiding Principles:
- i. Guiding Principles for Assisted Living
- ii. NCAL’s Guiding Principles for Quality in Assisted Living
- iii. NCAL’s Guiding Principles for Providing Information to Consumers
- Practice Guidelines / Training Tools
- State Regulatory Review
- NCAL’s Award Program information and Application
- NCAL’s Webinar Archive
- Front Line Staff Training Tool for Transitioning to Assisted Living
- And more…
back to top
Education, Networking Events, and Tools
Assisted living is dynamic and growing. NCAL offers outstanding educational, networking, and event opportunities that will keep providers up-to-date and on the cutting edge.
- Discounted at the Annual AHCA/NCAL Convention and Expo
- Discounted Registration at NCAL Day
- Regional Leadership Conferences
- In-Service Training Programs
- i. “Transitioning into Assisted Living”
- ii. “Turning Complaints into Compliments”
- iii. “The Power of Ethical Marketing”
- Substantial Members Discounts in NCAL’s Bookstore
- National Assisted Living Week®. An annual celebration, held each September, designed to raise awareness of the assisted living profession and to encourage community support. Each year, NCAL develops an original National Assisted Living Week® Planning Guide as well as a product catalog for its members. Both are designed to promote the quality of services in assisted living residences nationwide.
- A Consumer’s Guide to Assisted Living and Residential Care. Providing you with the tools you need to successfully reach out to your prospective customers is a priority of NCAL. This guide is designed to help consumers select an assisted living facility that’s right for them. It provides a description of services and includes a checklist and cost calculator.
back to top
Become a member and start receiving your NCAL benefits today. For membership information, please contact your state affiliate.
Become an NCAL Member Today!
Joining is easy! Assisted Living and Residential Care Providers automatically become members of NCAL when they join their state affiliate association. For more information, contact your state affiliate association or Shane Osborne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-898-2843.
back to top