The Washington Post – one of the nation’s largest and most popular newspapers – named the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL) the 16
th top small workplace in Washington, DC and the top association in the small category in its Top Workplaces for 2016.
Work for AHCA/NCAL
The American Health Care Association (AHCA) represents the long term care community to the nation at large – to government, business leaders, and the general public. AHCA is a non-profit federation of affiliated state health organizations, together representing more than 13,500 assisted living, nursing facility, developmentally-disabled and subacute care providers that care for more than 1.5 million elderly and disabled individuals nationally. AHCA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, disability and long-term care insurance, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, flexible hours, education assistance, and more.
- AHCA will not accept unsolicited resumes for positions not listed.
- AHCA is an active Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
- AHCA welcomes men and women regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex or disability.
- Questions may be directed to: email@example.com.
|Inside Sales Manager - Advertising, Sponsorships, Memberships and Exhibits|
AHCA is seeking a creative and
enthusiastic inside sales professional with a commitment to improving lives by
delivering solutions for quality care. The position will be responsible
for actively identifying and developing a network of key contacts from
industry to support the association non-dues revenue including, but not limited
to advertising, various product and event sponsorships, memberships and exhibit
booth sales. The individual in this role will act as the primary point of
contact and partner for business members, corporations and organizations doing
business in the long term and post-acute health care sector.
& Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree required. 1+
plus years of advertising sales experience highly desired.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Self-motivation and a competitive spirit
- Ability to persuasively present and negotiate with
high level decision makers.
- Ability to work independently in a fast pace
environment with multiple deadlines.
- Diligence and persistence leading to long term
commitments with stakeholders.
- Ability to problem solve and provide stewardship of
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter
to: Tarna Davis, Director, HR at HR@ahca.org.
AHCA NCAL is seeking a Research Assistant with a commitment to improving lives by delivering solutions for quality care by supporting and conducting data analysis for the long term & post-acute care sector.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Economics, Public Health, Gerontology, Pharmacological studies, Public Policy, Public Administration, Health Administration, Political Science, or another related policy field;
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in the quantitative research field preferred.
The ideal candidate will have:
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to: Tarna Davis, Director, HR at HR@ahca.org.
- Research methods and statistics;
- Statistical software programming preferred and strong Microsoft Office skills;
- Experience with healthcare data and large databases preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and interact with a variety of stakeholders;
- Interest in translating research into policy;
- Excellent customer service.
|Marketing Associate |
AHCA is seeking a Marketing Associate with
a commitment to improving lives by delivering solutions for quality care. The position will be responsible for supporting
the Association’s non-dues revenue programs. This position will focus on
marketing and promotions, customer service, product development and
& Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree required.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Fluency with design software.
- Copy writing experience.
- Ability to self-govern own work product.
- Strong work ethic.
- Positive attitude.
- Proficient at basic office computer skills. (MS
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover
letter to: Tarna Davis, Director, HR at HR@ahca.org.
|Summer Intern - Vendor Relations|
AHCA is seeking a Summer Intern with
a commitment to improving lives by delivering solutions for quality care. This role
will support the Vendor Relations Team.
Currently pursuing a degree in Marketing, Business, Sales. Excellent
writing and verbal communications skills are a must. The candidate should be a
self-starter, customer service oriented, and willing to learn. Must display
attention to detail, show good judgment, effectively respond and problem solve.
Duties will include:
- Sponsorship fulfillment
- Assistance with copy writing
- Database purging and clean up
- Market research
- Assisted with production and
layout of Annual Purchasing Guide
- Customer Service calls as
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit resume,
cover letter and 2 writing samples to: Tarna Davis, Director, HR at HR@ahca.org.