Through the Volunteer of the Year (VOY), ID/DD Hero of the Year, NFP Program of the Year and Not for Profit Trustee awards programs, the American Health Care Association and the National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL) honor those individuals who are dedicated to improving the quality of lives of residents and their surrounding communities.
The nomination packets for AHCA/NCAL’s 2017 Awards Program follow:
The deadline for AHCA receipt of all nominations is Friday, June 9, 2017.
Just as a reminder, whereas the Volunteers of the Year nomination form MUST be submitted by a state affiliate organization, the ID/DD Hero of the Year, the NFP Program of the Year and Not For Profit Trustee nomination forms can be member-submitted directly to AHCA electronically.
All nominations must be typed and submitted electronically this year. Faxed or handwritten nominations are not accepted. Honorees in each category will be recognized at AHCA/NCAL’s 68th Annual Convention and Expo, October 16-18, 2017, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Let the Process begin!
AHCA/NCAL is proud of its 2016 Award Recipients:
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (ID/DD) Hero of the Year: John Lair, New Hope Services, Kansas
- Not for Profit Program of the Year: Chaparral House, California
- Volunteer of the Year (Adult): Randy McQueen, Mercy Living Plus, Iowa
- Volunteer of the Year (Group): Adopt-A-Senior, Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehab, New Jersey
- Volunteer of the Year (Young Adult): Zach Severson, The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society, South Dakota .