Long term care providers: refer back to this page for the latest updates from the CDC and from AHCA/NCAL on preventing and treating H1N1 (swine) flu in nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and other long term care settings.
What You Can Do to Stay Healthy
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hands cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you get sick, stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them. Influenza is��spread person-to-person through the coughing or sneezing of infected people.