This Spring, AHCA, VOR and St. John's Community Services met with Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-D.C.) to discuss issues, including Medicaid funding and the Medicaid provider assessment rate, impacting the ID/DD community. From left to right in the picture, Larry Innis of VOR, Congresswoman Norton, Dana Halvorson of AHCA, and Arthur Ginsberg of St. John's Community Services.
Grassroots Needs YOU in 2013
Renee Naylor, ID/DD Residential Services Committee Chair, encourages YOU to participate in our grassroots advocacy efforts as we strive to achieve the following goals in 2013:
• ID/DD providers will hold at least 20 in-person meetings with members of Congress and/or their Congressional staff in Washington, DC or in their local districts;
• and at least 5 in-district meetings will include facility tours.
As you hold facility tours and/or meet with your legislators this year, we need to track them and would appreciate your letting us know and include the information below.
1. Facility name:
2. Facility location:
3. Number of facilities in your company:
4. Facility tour or in-district meeting:
5. Legislator who you are meeting with:
6. If you are meeting with legislator's staff, please provide his/her name:
7. Date of meeting:
Please send this information and any photos from the tour to Dana Halvorson