Posters and Abstracts:
White Papers and Briefs:
Conference Presentations and Speaking Engagements:
- New Data on Quality of Life and Care for Persons with Dementia in Assisted Living and Other Settings. Gerontological Society of America Annual Scientific Meeting, Boston, MA, November 15, 2018. Symposium Role: Co-Chair.
- Quality in Assisted Living: International and Cultural Findings and Recommendations. International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics 2017 World Conference, San Francisco, CA, July 24, 2017. Symposium Role: Discussant
- Cross-Cutting Quality Measures: Where Have We Been and Where Are We Going? Measuring Quality in Assisted Living. Gerontological Society of America Annual Scientific Meeting, New Orleans, LA, November 16, 2016. Role: Pre-Conference workshop panelist.
- Using Data to Dig Deeper into Assisted Living: Function, Engagement, and Quality. Gerontological Society of America Annual Scientific Meeting, New Orleans, LA, November 18, 2016. Symposium Role: Discussant.
- State Policy Issues in Residential Care/Assisted Living Settings for Older People and Working Age Person with Physical Disabilities. National Home and Community Based Services Conference, Washington, DC, August 30, 2016. Role: Discussant.
- The Evolution of Health Care in Residential Long-Term Care: Areas for Research and Strategies for Measurement. Health Care in Assisted Living. Gerontological Society of America Annual Scientific Meeting, Orlando, FL, November 17, 2015. Role: Pre-conference workshop panelist.
- The National Study of Long-Term Care Providers: A New Resource for Researchers, Providers, and Policymakers. CDC’s National Conference on Health Statistics, Bethesda, MD, August 26, 2015. Role: Panelist.
Peer Reviewed Publications:
- Edvardsson, D., Baxter, R., Corneliusson, L, Anderson, R., Schwartz, L. (2019). Advancing Long-Term Care Science Through Using Common Data Elements: Candidate Measures for Care Outcomes of Personhood, Well-Being, and Quality of Life. Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine.
- Caffrey, C., Harris-Kojetin, L., Rome, V., & Schwartz, L. (2018). Relationships Between Residential Care Community Characteristics and Overnight Hospital Stays and Readmissions: Results From the National Study of Long-Term Care Providers. Seniors Housing & Care Journal, 26(1), 38-49.
- Marsteller JA, Hsu YJ, Wen M, Wolff J, Frick K, Reider L, Scharfstein D, Boyd C, Leff B, Schwartz L, Karm L, Boult C. Effects of Guided Care on Providers’ Satisfaction with Care: A Three-Year Matched-Pair Cluster-Randomized Trial. Population Health Management 2013.