Nutrition/ Eating/ Weight Loss Prevention
- Weight Prevention, (Borun Center for Gerontological Research, UCLA School of Medicine/ Jewish Home of Greater LA) Resource for weight prevention includes training module, a slide show for inservices and CEUs.
- Nutritional Deficiencies in Long Term, (Thomas, Kamel, Morley, Annals of Long Term Care, February 2004) Series of three booklets discussing Detection and Diagnosis, Management of Protein Energy Malnutrition and Dehydration, and OBRA Regulations and Administrative and Legal Issues.
- Altered Nutritional Status, (American Medical Directors Association-AMDA)
CPG Altered Nutritional Status is the AMDA Clinical Practice Guideline on how to manage residents whose weight has changed. ($)- Discount when purchased through AHCA Bookstore.
- Dehydration and Fluid Maintenance, (American Medical Directors Association-AMDA)
CPG Dehydration and Fluid Maintenance is the AMDA Clinical Practice Guideline on how to assess, treat, and monitor dehydration and fluid imbalance. ($)- Discount when purchased through AHCA Bookstore.
- Feeding Difficult To Feed Residents, (Pelletier, AHCA Provider, September 2006.) Includes ideas to train CNAs in feeding residents.
Back to Top
Physical Functioning/ Mobility Decline Prevention
- Mobility Decline Prevention, (Borun Center for Gerontological Research, UCLA School of Medicine/ Jewish Home of Greater LA) The Borun Center for Gerontological Research (UCLA School of Medicine/ Jewish Home of Greater LA) resource quality of life includes training module, walking program, and exercise interventions.
- Katz Index of Independence of Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), (Annals of Long Term Care, Nov, 2006) The Katz Index of Independence in Activities of Daily Living, commonly referred to as the Katz ADL, is an instrument to assess functional status as a measurement of the client’s ability to perform activities of daily living independently. Clinicians typically use the tool to detect problems in performing activities of daily living and to plan care accordingly.
Back to Top
Pressure Ulcer Prevention
- Pressure Ulcer Stages Revised by National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel, February 2007 (PDF)
- Pressure Ulcer Stages, Definitions and Descriptions, (National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel, 2007) Standardized set of pressure ulcer terminology as adopted by NPUAP in 2/07.
- Support Surface Standard Initiative Terms and Definitions, (National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel, January 27, 2007) Standardized set of support surface terminology as adopted by NPUAP in 2/07.
- National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel, (NPUAP) National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel site contains information on the PUSH tool (including downloadable .pdf format), curriculums for prevention and treatment, documents on reverse staging, and support surfaces.
- Medicare Quality Improvement Community Site (MedQIC), (MedQIC) MedQIC site has tools, literature and links for clinical information regarding pressure ulcers. However, it should be noted that AHCA should not necessarily give ‘BP” notation to site as some information does not stay current on this site nor is the material on the site considered best practice.
- Pressure Ulcers, (American Medical Directors Association- AMDA)
CPG Pain Management in the LTC Setting is the AMDA Clinical Practice Guideline for the recognition diagnosing, treatment, and monitoring of pressure ulcers. ($)- Discount when purchased through AHCA Bookstore.
Back to Top
Back to Top