- Nominations must be submitted by an individual with an organization that is a member in good standing of AHCA/NCAL.
- Candidates for the award are not required to be NCAL members.
- Candidates must be individuals; organizations will not be considered.
- Nominators must notify the candidates of their nomination.
- Only one nomination is accepted per candidate. If multiple nominations are submitted for one person, the nominators will be asked to combine nominations or the first nomination will be accepted.
- The nomination must be 500 words or less; nominations exceeding 500 words will not be reviewed.
- The nomination must reference the nominee’s national impact.
- The candidate’s resume must be three pages or less; resumes exceeding three pages will not be reviewed.
Below are examples of the types of contributions that strong candidates will exemplify.
- Recognized champion and leader of person-centered care in assisted living and senior living communities.
- Demonstrated ability to educate and advocate for the senior care profession at a national level.
- Recognized systems or practices that have resulted in significant quality improvement, prosperous operational outcomes, or an enriching workforce environment.
- Recognized as a catalyst for innovative approaches that enhance the overall customer experience and/or move the senior care profession forward.
The recipient of the Jan Thayer Pioneer Award will be honored in front of thousands of their peers at the AHCA/NCAL Convention & Expo (October 13-16, 2019 in Orlando, FL). The award will be presented during NCAL Day and the Closing General Session. The recipient and their one guest also receive complimentary:
- Registration to Convention and NCAL Day
- Round-trip, economy airfare
- 5-night hotel accommodations
- Per diem
- Tickets to Gala Dinner & Show