About the Examiner Program
The AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program recognizes long term and
post-acute care centers across the nation that strive for improved quality care. The program, based on the Baldrige Performance Excellence criteria, sets high
standards for quality and encourages centers to commit to excelling in quality performance.
Each year, AHCA/NCAL selects Senior and Master Examiners to review applications at the Silver and Gold levels, respectively. Recruitment is not open for Bronze Examiners.
Participating Examiners are offered the following benefits:
- Networking in the long term care profession
- Opportunities for professional development
- Education in Baldrige criteria from content experts
- Playing a role in positively impacting long term care performance nationally
- Earning Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Attend AHCA/NCAL’s annual Quality Summit or Convention at a discounted rate
To find out more about the different levels and roles the
Examiner Program has to offer, download the Examiner brochure here.
**Now Available: Quality Award “Serving as an Examiner” Webinar
The recording can be accessed here.
- During the webinar, AHCA/NCAL staff member Meghan Karstetter and Tammy Kelly, Master
Examiner provide a background on
the National Quality Award program, Examiner roles and Examiner levels.
- The webinar also provides an overview of the Examiner experience, the Examiner
application process, and information on dates to remember for the 2018 National
Quality Award cycle.
- Prior to watching the webinar, we recommend reviewing the Volunteer Examiner and Paid Examiner role descriptions.
Apply to be an Examiner
AHCA/NCAL welcomes Senior and Master Examiner applicants both within and outside the long term care profession. Candidates with prior Examiner experience may apply to serve as a Master Examiners, while individuals new to the Baldrige criteria or without Examiner experience should apply as Senior Examiners.
to be a Quality Award Examiner today!
out the 2018 application here available September 1.
For more information about the Examiner application, selection process and Examiner responsibilities, please review the Examiner Brochure or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.