The 2020 Examiner Application is now open in the Quality Award Portal.
For more information about the Examiner program, selection process and Examiner responsibilities, please review the Resources and Materials, located in the left-hand menu below.
For assistance logging into the Quality Award Portal and applying as an Examiner, click Help Documents under the Quality Award Portal section in the left-hand menu.
About the Examiner Program
The AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program recognizes long term and post-acute care centers across the nation that strive for improved quality care. The program, based on the Baldrige Performance Excellence criteria, sets high standards for quality and encourages centers to commit to excelling in quality performance.
Each year, AHCA/NCAL selects Senior and Master Examiners to review applications at the Silver and Gold levels, respectively. Recruitment is not open for Bronze Examiners.
Participating Examiners are offered the following benefits:
- Networking in the long term care profession
- Opportunities for professional development
- Education in Baldrige criteria from content experts
- Playing a role in positively impacting long term care performance nationally
- Earning Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Attend AHCA/NCAL’s annual Quality Summit or Convention at a discounted rate